- 1 thought
- Log in to add a thought
Today, a complete stranger made me realize some things. I was doing some sporadic jogging along a favorite trail of mine and I had slowed to a walk. I was singing a Johnny Cash song when he came running up behind me, letting me know that he was to my left. We kept running into each other because of the bounds he was doing back and forth along the trail. The second time he passed me, he told me that getting old sucks. I said that this is why I'm doing exercise now at this point in my life. The third time he passed me, he asked me to sing some more for him........and for some reason, I felt like I could. So I did, and I found that I could just let go of inhibitions just to enjoy the moment. It was then that I decided to try to go out every day and get some sort of regiment going, no more of this two or three times a week. My reasons for this is manifold, to include the following:
- Encourage a growing acceptance of singing in front of other people.
- Continue challenging myself to get in shape.
- Discourage the unhealthy habit of picking at various parts of my body (the most egregious of which is my nails).
- Get into a regular sleep schedule to boost my immune and mental health.
- Give food for thought on problems in general, as per my beliefs surrounding the Latin saying "Solvitur Ambulando."
- Given some recent events in my life, do some soul searching before I decide to return to Fetlife.